Wednesday 16 August 2017

Preface: Preparation Before The Registration

  Same as other students who are going to further their studies in IPTA in this end of August and the early of September, a lot of preparations have to be done by myself in order to become a Business Mathematics major in UUM. These steps really make me tired but nothing I can do, I can just follow whatever being instructed. However, the sacrifice is valuable since I will be a true Business Maths major student in UUM once I completed my registration!
  This is what I heard from my secondary school teacher. “A student is not the student of the IPTA if he has not being registered. The offer given is just a temporary offer. Once he is registered, then only he is officially the student of the university.” This is why I paid 100% of my effort preparing everything for the registration.
  Here I would like to share the preparations needed before the registration.

1. Checking the offer online


This is the first compulsory step everyone should do. (If not how do you know which university you are offered?” You may browse upu.mohe.gov.my to get the UPU result or go to the respective university website to check it. For UUM, I just clicked ASIS UUM in Mr. Google and I got to the website very easily. I still remembered the day before the official release date, some of my friends checked online already since there are some problems with UUM official site. Technical problems I think.

2. Announcement

After you check through UPU, if you are the lucky person, you will get the “Congratulations!” notice.
However, if you failed to get any offer, do not be sad. You can still try to appeal through 2 official ways and 1 unofficial way. The official ways are of course appeal through UPU system and another one, the MCA website. The appealing process is often opened for around 1 week but the MCA’s will only opened for 3 days, take note. The unofficial way is you must write an appealing letter by yourself and go to see the dean for the faculty for the course you would like to enter. 90% of the people who did so succeed in getting their course. This is the importance of the true attitude indeed. On the release date, I was really nervous since I did not know which university and which course I will be offered. Indeed, I hope that I was offered with my first and second choice in UPU. I am really glad when I knew that I was offered with my first choice, that is Business Maths in UUM.

3. Downloading and Printing Documents and Forms

Of course, after that, you will need to print the forms and documents needed. Just follow the steps. Basically, the documents and forms we need to print out are the Temporary Offer Letter, the Student Biodata Form, the Medication Permission Letter and the form for Takaful. Once I entered the UUM website, I was not shocked when I noticed that I need to print a lot of documents and forms since I had done before for my Matriculation. The number of forms and documents needed are almost the same.

4. Paying the Registration Fee

After that, you should pay the registration fee in the nearby Bank Islam. If you cannot afford, don’t worry, you can still pay the fee when you got WPP from PTPTN. The registration fee is around RM 2100+. I photocopied the slip and keep it for the later use.

5. PTPTN
Oh yeah, before I forgot, there is another step needed to be done by the students. I myself do not do since I plan to further my lepasan Bursary scholarship for my studies. You need to purchase a PIN in the nearby BSN and browse the PTPTN website. Follow the guide given to you in your university website. I am pretty sure that they will provide you the guide. If you want to know, you will need to pay back PTPTN after you graduated, with 1% annual interest as what I know. Therefore, think wisely before you apply for it. If possible, I suggest you to get a scholarship, it is better. For scholarship, you can go to Afterschool.my/scholarship.

6. Photocopy the documents
The next step is photocopying the documents. The documents required are SPM certificate, STPM/Matriculation/Diploma/A Level Transcript/Cert, the School Leaving Cert, the Testimonials, the Extracurricular activities cert for both secondary school level and the pre-university level and also MUET certs and your IC, your parents’ IC. These are for UUM. I am not really sure if other universities also require the same things. I photocopied everything but my Matriculation transcript has not arrived when I am writing these. (This is sad..Why not reach earlier, haha)

7. Certifying the documents
After checking all the things, the final step will be getting the certification from the Ketua Kampung/Penghulu and the Group A government staffs. If you cant get any, I suggest you to find your secondary school teachers. They are willing to help you. I myself went to the Ketua Kampung and he easily certified the documents, haha.

8. Other preparations
Here are also some other preparations you need to do.
I) Getting all the basic necessities you will need for your hostel life. Since we are going to stay in the hostel later and I am sure ALL the first year students are compulsory to stay in the hostel, we need to bring the things we needed for hostel life later.
II) Getting the transport. You should find the transport for yourself to register in the university on the first day. Get the railway route and the bus route if you want to board a train or a bus. If not, try to investigate the route to your university so that you wont be nervous on that day. Plan your way.
III) Mentally prepare yourself. After the registration day, you are going to leave your family. So, please do prepare yourself since some of you may be suffering from homesickness. I myself also do not deny that. But, luckily Matriculation life before made me stronger.

These are all I can think for now. Any additional things you may refer to your respective seniors from the university. Anyway, UUM, I am coming!

2017-08-16
10.43 am


No comments:

Post a Comment