Thursday 31 August 2017

Preface: Life as a part time tuition teacher

“For me, the most important thing is not the amount of the money. The more important thing is the experience which is not changeable with money.”

  Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! It is the Independence Day but my topic today is not about the National Day, haha. Waoh, it looks like I had been long time not creating a new post for this blog. (Half of a month is quite a long time for me. But believe me, I was not lazy ah, I was just too busy to write a new post)
  Alright, now we should proceed to the main topic I would like to share today.

Starting
  A part time tuition teacher might be a good choice in some of the people’s view since they think that it can assist them in building their self-confidence. Imagine that you have to prepare more than what a student prepares in order to teach your students. Remember that you did collected money from them, so it is your responsibility to give them a good “service”, haha. Therefore, you will need to be more confident to deliver that knowledge to your students, by presenting it to them.
  For some of you, you may think that a part time tuition teacher is not a really great choice since the money you earn is really less, as compared to a temporary teacher in a school, and even less than a part time shop worker.
The Second Time of My Life
  Indeed, this was the second time I chose to become a part time tuition teacher when I was waiting to pursue my studies in the next stage. The first time was after SPM. I was again determined to become a part time tuition teacher after being demanded by one of my students’ parents. The student I taught
before after SPM, as I was the part time tuition teacher also. 
  I only had two classes per week in the first week as a part time tuition teacher. After that, the classes stepped up one by one until in the end of July, that was one month before my last tuition class, I had one class almost everyday. 
  Since tuition class can only be held after the school hours, I can only organize the class in the evening and also on weekends. At night, I cannot have any classes since my residential area is too dark, with no street lamps at all. Therefore, I am not allowed by my parents to go out at night since it is too dangerous. 
  Actually, another reason I become a part time tuition teacher is I would like to help the students to be excellent in their studies. I taught them Additional Mathematics, Mathematics(My favorite subjects,hihi) and Biology(which is one of the subjects I hate the most in SPM but I don’t know why do I like it by now after teaching it).

Not an easy job
  Becoming a part time tuition teacher is not an easy job. Although it is quite flexible and I actually chose this job also because it allowed me to cancel class anytime when I need to manage my stuff, it is still not an easy job (as I did mentioned in the previous sentence). I had to make the questions for the students, rearrange them according to the difficulty so that my students can understand it and print the questions in the printing shop. Besides, I also need to prepare myself so that I can deliver the most accurate knowledge to my students. I did all of these since I did not enter any tuition center and my tuition is one-to-one tuition, something like tutor. However, my fee was quite low, that was around RM15-30 in 2 hours. I often extend my classes to maximize the knowledge and the techniques for my students.

Two different things
  Teaching and learning are two different things. Learning may require you to score well in the examination but does not require you to be perfect. However, teaching is a totally distinct thing.It requires you to be 100% equipped so that you are able to teach the students well. You even need to know more than what is written in the textbooks.

Most important thing
  After you read my post, you may question me on why I still chose to become a part time tuition teacher since the income is really less and the workload is even more than other jobs. For me, the most important thing is not the amount of the money. The more important thing is the experience which is not changeable with money. Along my journey to become a lecturer in the university, I need this kind of experience. 
  Through this job, I understood what a student nowadays need and what they think when they are learning. Becoming a part time tuition teacher made me understand what kind of teaching style is appropriate for each kind of students. Some of them may need more patience from the teacher while some of them are really independence. They will go and find the information by themselves. 

More than a teacher
  So, becoming a teacher is not only about helping the students to be an excellent student but also motivating them to be well-informed. Sometimes, I also needed to motivate them on the life after their SPM and all the necessary information they need to know.
  I think these are all I can share for now. Well, 4 more days for me to depart to UUM to kick off my journey becoming a Business Mathematics Major. Happy National Day and Aku Negaraku.















My last class was in my secondary school and it took 6 hours,haha. Really exhausting but I love this job! Now suddenly feel sad pulak, haha..


2017-08-31
11.15 am
Malaysiaku Berjaya
Selamat Hari Merdeka
Partner blog: http://makopl9574.blogspot.my

No comments:

Post a Comment