Tuesday 12 September 2017

Adapt, Adopt and Accept

   Well, it is another half month from my previous post. I am finally being registered as an official UUM student pursuing Bachelor of Science (Hons) Business Mathematics student on 5th of September that was Tuesday last week after my long journey of 4 hours and a half from my hometown, Pantai Remis.

 As what you can see from here, the highway is still dark. It was around 5 am. :-)

The first day
On the first day that was the registration day, my family and I departed from our home at around 3.30 am. It was really early. We have no choice since UUM is really far from our house.
Since I needed to settle my JPA stuff on the same day, we stopped at Jitra for a while to have our breakfast. Jitra was quite big but it is still 30 minutes from UUM. We stayed there until 8 something and then we departed to UUM.
 We ate at a stall near the LHDN Jitra. The food was a little bit expensive but we had no choice since we are rushing to LHDN and also UUM for registration. The nasi lemak were just put on the table and you can choose as how many as you want. But then, they will charge you. I think they had calculated wrongly for the bill I supposed to pay since it was much cheaper than what we calculated.
The nasi lemak looks special. It was not the usual white santan rice that we have. Otherwise, the rice was cooked with kunyit.

Reached at UUM
We reached at UUM around 9 am. The traffic on that time was really congested. The traffic jam lasts for around 15 minutes before we could enter UUM. 
There are a lot of cars in front of our car. The blue paper aside was actually the clue for the guard to determine which way we are going to use in UUM in order to reach our hostel (or we call it as INASIS)

  UUM is actually quite big. I was quite surprised when I heard from our Student Affairs Vice Cancellor Assistant that UUM is around 162 hectars wide and is the largest public university in Malaysia. There are around 15 INASIS (or Student Residential Hall) for UUM students.
  My INASIS is in GRANTT. The registration starts by giving the original documents to the facilitators (faci) there to check whether they are the right documents as what they want.
  There were 2 types of registration. One was INASIS registration, another one was academic registration. We did both at the main office. 

This is the student private file given to us. We had to arrange all the certified photocopied documents in the file according to the sequence being provided. Beautiful file right? (But, this is not for us, we need to submit to our school then)

  In UUM, we call our learning center as school, that is totally different from other universities that call it faculty. I am of course, the student of the School of Quantitative Sciences (SQS).
  Oh, ya before I forgot, we then went to Varsity Mall for lunch and printing. I went there along with my family.

This was my first lunch in UUM, with my family. Honestly, the food was not very delicious here, haha. In my opinion lah. But, different people have different views, who knows?

  My family left me at around 1.30 pm. If you asked me whether I was homesick after that, I will admit yes. But, only a few minutes, haha. Suddenly that kind of blur, like don’t know what to do for a while but then quickly became ok already. (This is why to juniors, choose to enter matriculation at pre-u level, it will help you suiting well in Degree)

Orientation
The orientation really made us tired. We almost woke up at 5 am and slept at 2 am. A lot of talks had been given to us since the first day of orientation. I am not going to tell you the talks here so that you wont be bored with my post.

Oh ya, this is Varsity Mall (vmall). Something like a shopping mall that you always see but more to mini market.

  Apart from the talks, we were also guided by our faci to surround the university so that we are more familiar with UUM. I went to my school and also had a look at the Lecture Hall. Walking and walking were really tired. Luckily, we are not going to do this later in our class. Actually in UUM, there are buses that will always board us here and there.
This is the opened hall of my INASIS. Look great right? But after I visited to other INASIS, I noticed that theirs are much greater, haha.


 The first Indian friend I made in UUM. Hi, deva…

Most of the activities we had during the orientation week were held in this hall(Dewan Muadzam Shah or DMAS). It is a hall with capacity 5000 students and we can only enter for 3 types of agendas throughout our studies, that are orientation, examination and graduation.



My portal activation was carried out here. As the university ranked 6th, In UUM, the learning process was carried out in portal. Through one account, we can access to all types of facilities. And not forget to tell, the wifi speed in UUM is around 76 Mbps. (This is actually not my school, it is SEFB)


The one and the only Chinese faci in our INASIS. She is really kind and helpful, and cheerful also. The best thing is when the other faci had stopped leading the juniors after the MSK, she were still with us although she was also busy for the starting of the new semester.


This is the cafeteria in the campus area. Em…actually almost the same as the cafe in INASIS, haha. The faci down there is of the same school with me.

MORE…..
Library facilities

Super senior in SQS

The slot Moral. Actually, our batch this time consists of around half of non-muslims.


This is my room. Quite small compared to Matric but convenience.


Photo with my roommate


My friend in KMPP
  
  So, basically, that are all about my orientation in UUM. (not including talks)
  The last night of our orientation was Art Appreciation Night. A lot of performance had been carried out. Here I include parts of the performance.


Thanks for reading! :-)

2017-09-12
11.55 am
#UUMisthebest
Partner blog:  http://makopl9574.blogspot.my

No comments:

Post a Comment