Thursday 7 November 2019

Millionaire Mind? Aim High Start Low


                I believe that becoming a millionaire is a dream for you and me, no matter who we are. We might be a lecturer, a student or even an ordinary person that does not have any wealth or valuable properties.

Millionaire Mind?
                Two days ago, I went to a workshop which is related to how to become a millionaire. At the first moment, I was quite excited with the workshop even though personally, in my heart, I am the kind of still doubtful of the topic since the workshop is handled by my lecturer, who looks not really like a millionaire, unless he performs some personal business.
                Among the points being given by him, I just pay attention since this is the responsibility that I need to have at the moment I decided to attend for the workshop. He started to say that, he is not a millionaire. You can imagine how all of us think when the sentence was released from his mouth. Handling a workshop related to how to become a millionaire, but you yourself are not even a millionaire? It sounds really sarcastic.
                It is not the purpose of this post to blame anyone. However, the lecturer managed to convince us especially me myself when he started to share on the knowledge that he knows. He said he had paid MYR 1500 to attend the training session on how to become a millionaire, which I personally do not think that there is a need for doing so.
                Indeed, I agreed with the main idea that he delivered, breaking the jars. What “jars” did he mention? I am sure all of you wondering. The basic idea is like this, when you received the salary, break the salary into several portions that you want to put your money in. For example, the first jar is for your food, the second jar is for instalments etc.
                Since the workshop is free for us, therefore the lecturer was only willing to give 3 out of the 8 successful jars he could have. I could actually guess what he is going to say. Nevertheless, the jars that he is willing to share with us are useless. So, I am not going to share the jars here. In my opinion, actually the idea of breaking jars is good, but is it to make you a millionaire? I think the journey is still far away from the idea of “millionaire” that you and I know. By splitting your salary into the correct portions of expenditures is not enough to make yourself a millionaire, which I again, state that it is not the problem with the lecturer, but there is doubt on whether there is a need to pay the MYR 1500 for the 8 jars that you and I can easily guess?

Save then Spend or Spend then Save?
                To be millionaire is not an easy thing that you could achieve just in one sleep. However, the self-financial management is really important to make you a base to become the millionaire that you dream. Indeed, the daily financial management really deals with the decision that we could make on the moment you receive your money, either the scholarship, the salary or any pocket money from your parents.
                I am sure that since you are a child, your parents should say this when you receive your pocket money from them. “Take this money and make sure you do not use it up. Save for your future need.” Good, the initial objective of the statement is really to help building the financial sense in you and me. However, don’t you wonder, the money left is always too little, maybe 10 cents per day? Or even nothing left?
                This is what we can do to cope with our natural tendency, as the human being, which is the higher tendency to spend money rather than earn money. It is a norm that we tend more to enjoy rather than work hard to gain money. The psychological effect that you cannot see with your eyes will really stop you from going towards your millionaire dream.
                “Everything starts from small”. Yeah, it is true that you have an aim to become a millionaire. Here, I want to share something regarding your income. Rather than planning how to spend your money first when you get the income, how if you plan how to save your money first? By saving the money first, you will brainwash yourself that you only have the remaining money as your available income to spend. Then, from here only you plan how to spend.
                It might be too virtual. Let me explain. You get salary of RM3000, instead of planning how to spend the RM3000 as less as you can so that more money left to be saved, you should save RM600 first. By this, you will brainwash yourself that you only have RM2400 to spend.
                Aiming high might be a good motivation source for yourself. How if you sit down and start building your path towards the aim right now?

2019-11-07
8.20 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment